Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows problem with pc
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

problem with pc

problem with pc

hydronetboss
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
18-11-2014, 11:56 AM

After dualbooting my pc with ubuntu....and trying to make ps3 dualshock work on my pc.......my default apps like..the store ..music...pictures no longer open...dey just show the icon and takes the pc back to start .......i dont suppose that what i did could cause these but there were working before......any help would b appreciated .....and please wherecould i find java programming tutorials....written with pictures.....from beginner to professional...thanks in advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-11-2014, 12:07 AM
(18-11-2014, 11:56 AM)hydronetboss After dualbooting my pc with ubuntu....and trying to make ps3 dualshock work on my pc.......my default apps like..the store ..music...pictures no longer open...dey just show the icon and takes the pc back to start .......i dont suppose that what i did could cause these but there were working before......any help would b appreciated .....and please wherecould i find java programming tutorials....written with pictures.....from beginner to professional...thanks in advance

for programming, try cbt nuggets.
for your windows apps not working, are you using 7 or 8

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
19-11-2014, 09:15 PM
It is windows 8...and please I need somewhere free...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-11-2014, 10:49 PM
hydronetboss It is windows 8...and please I need somewhere free...

lets focus on your windwos apps not working. have you run the SFC /scannow command in command prompt?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
20-11-2014, 08:05 PM

Yep it is saying that. It is not recognised as an internAl or external command...
That is what it says for all commands. ...even help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-11-2014, 11:15 PM
hydronetboss Yep it is saying that. It is not  recognised as an internAl or external command...
That is what it says for all commands. ...even help
try dir or try dir /a
lets know if you get the same error

Note!
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
21-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Okay I got the sfc command to work .it said. Windows resource protection found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.details are icluded in the cbs..............xo what do I do now
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-11-2014, 03:23 PM
hydronetboss Okay I got the sfc command to work .it said. Windows resource protection found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.details are icluded in the cbs..............xo what do I do now

try a system restore. read https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-do-a...e-on-a-pc/

Note!
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
hydronetboss
23-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Fanks it worked great