Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix Hot note 551 dead after accidental format
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix Hot note 551 dead after accidental format

[Please help] Infinix Hot note 551 dead after accidental format

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
29-09-2015, 07:04 AM

Hi,i find this blog/forum quite monumental on android issues.Kindly assist me too.Now,i recently updated my hotnote to os 5.1.i thot it was slow and decided to do it again.i formatted the device instead.The device then went dead.the device is still under 3 months old.The sp tool cannot fix my device.upon connection/disconnection to my Pc (w7) there is a sound and thats it.I attach pics of the response i get on sptools and rom used as well.i suspect i did something stupid.Kindly help.
Attached Files
.jpg
infinixfail.JPG
Size: 190.73 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
noteformat.JPG
Size: 63.78 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-09-2015, 01:48 PM
(29-09-2015, 07:04 AM)Tomokish Hi,i find this blog/forum quite monumental on android issues.Kindly assist me too.Now,i recently updated my hotnote to os 5.1.i thot it was slow and decided to do it again.i formatted the device instead.The device then went dead.the device is still under 3 months old.The sp tool cannot fix my device.upon connection/disconnection to my Pc (w7) there is a sound and thats it.I attach pics of the response i get on sptools and rom used as well.i suspect i did something stupid.Kindly help.

the error you're getting in SP flash tool means the ROM you're trying to flash is not compatible with your phone model (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ). 
1. what's the RAM and ROM of your phone?
2. supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
30-09-2015, 06:18 AM
(29-09-2015, 07:04 AM)Tomokish Hi,i find this blog/forum quite monumental on android issues.Kindly assist me too.Now,i recently updated my hotnote to os 5.1.i thot it was slow and decided to do it again.i formatted the device instead.The device then went dead.the device is still under 3 months old.The sp tool cannot fix my device.upon connection/disconnection to my Pc (w7) there is a sound and thats it.I attach pics of the response i get on sptools and rom used as well.i suspect i did something stupid.Kindly help.

Thanks for the reply.The phone is 1Gb ram,16gb memory.my email is  tokinyi@gmail.com
Kindly make my week with your expertise.Regards
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-09-2015, 11:59 AM
(30-09-2015, 06:18 AM)Tomokish Thanks for the reply.The phone is 1Gb ram,16gb memory.my email is  tokinyi@gmail.com
Kindly make my week with your expertise.Regards

granted! download the stock backup @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
01-10-2015, 07:42 AM

great help.i will attempt this.guys at infinix carlcare say its a hardware issue,damaged motherboard.how likely is this possible since i only formatted the device which is barely 3months old.Are these devices that fragile!
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
01-10-2015, 07:44 AM
im not sure they r correct about this motherboard issue.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-10-2015, 02:16 PM
(01-10-2015, 07:42 AM)Tomokish great help.i will attempt this.guys at infinix carlcare say its a hardware issue,damaged motherboard.how likely is this possible since i only formatted the device which is barely 3months old.Are these devices that fragile!

(01-10-2015, 07:44 AM)Tomokish im not sure they r correct about this motherboard issue.

its not a motherboard issue at all

Note!
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
01-10-2015, 06:03 PM
great expertise from u guys.im gona reclaim the device and sort it myself on the tips u have offered.will update the outcome just here.thanks
Tomokish
Tomokish
Tomokish
06-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Finally,i got to flash my hot note x551 with the backup rom you provided.Alas! the device is now awake.However,no imei for both two lines.Cannot make or receive calls on my renewed device
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM

(06-10-2015, 12:02 PM)Tomokish Finally,i got to flash my hot note x551 with the backup rom you provided.Alas! the device is now awake.However,no imei for both two lines.Cannot make or receive calls on my renewed device

fix null IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next