Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Free Hovatek T-shirts: Find out your Hovatek T-shirt size today! (May 05, 2017)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erratic charging on my pavilion g6

Hello hovatek...i noticed this rare problem on my pavilion g6 some months ago. zometimes while my laptop is on and plugged in, it might juzt stop charging, the when i remove the charger and plug back...it will quickly respond and then stop charging again...whn i zwitch it off,and i remove the battery and put it again,it charges but if i switch it on and windows comes on, it stops charging again. i dont think my charging port is d problem bcos i can remove d battery and run on AC power alone!
i alzo dont think its my battery cos i have two batteries and this event happens with both the stock and the replacement battery.i also dont think it is windows cos i have formatted it and installed again to rule that out.....
Please have u any insight on dis matter.... i am thinking it may be an onboard problem....please respond soon....i have spent 8000 already on dis.

(11-24-2014, 03:51 PM)dapo4friends Wrote: Hello hovatek...i noticed this rare problem on my pavilion g6 some months ago. zometimes while my laptop is on and plugged in, it might juzt stop charging, the when i remove the charger and plug back...it will quickly respond and then stop charging again...whn i zwitch it off,and i remove the battery and put it again,it charges but if i switch it on and windows comes on, it stops charging again. i dont think my charging port is d problem bcos i can remove d battery and run on AC power alone!
i alzo dont think its my battery cos i have two batteries and this event happens with both the stock and the replacement battery.i also dont think it is windows cos i have formatted it and installed again to rule that out.....
Please have u any insight on dis matter.... i am thinking it may be an onboard problem....please respond soon....i have spent 8000 already on dis.

does this also happen in safe mode?
yes it happens in safe mode
(11-24-2014, 05:02 PM)dapo4friends Wrote: yes it happens in safe mode