Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3

[quote='hovatek' pid='13862' dateline='1423902683']
[quote='dapo4friends' pid='13852'
Hovatek...please i have a couple of problems here.....
I have downloaded romdump file.i also noticed that AIO flasher can do the romdumping (judging by whats displayed on its interface.i have also downloaded the adb+fastboot utility from xda...
Problems are.
1. ROMDUMP USING ADB CMD PROMPT: I placed the 'install ' file as instructed(i placed it in mtk droid tools adb folder since it has one) and entered the commands as u instructed in the guide. the problem is,when i enter the 'adb shell romdump' command, i keep getting romdump:permission denied error..Please what did i do wrong?

2. USING AIO FLASHER:I tried to use the easier user friendly AIO FLASHER interface.when i clicked on the 'install romdump' button, i get the 'adb shell not granted superuser permission' but i have rooted my phone for a while now and i use the SuperSu app. i have checked the superuser permissions for adb and its granted...whats happening in this situation?
3.Tecno N3 fastboot mode- its either i dont know how to do it or sth is wrong with my phone...when i try to start in fastboot mode...i just get a reboot which stops at displaying the tecno logo....does this mean (a).something is wrong woth my phone or (b).that i have not unlocked my bootloader (if this dumb phone has one)
if (b), how do i unlock bootloader and whats the consequence...

[quote='hovatek' pid='13862' dateline='1423902683']
[quote='dapo4friends' pid='13852'
Hovatek...please i have a couple of problems here.....
I have downloaded romdump file.i also noticed that AIO flasher can do the romdumping (judging by whats displayed on its interface.i have also downloaded the adb+fastboot utility from xda...
Problems are.
1. ROMDUMP USING ADB CMD PROMPT: I placed the 'install ' file as instructed(i placed it in mtk droid tools adb folder since it has one) and entered the commands as u instructed in the guide. the problem is,when i enter the 'adb shell romdump' command, i keep getting romdump:permission denied error..Please what did i do wrong?

2. USING AIO FLASHER:I tried to use the easier user friendly AIO FLASHER interface.when i clicked on the 'install romdump' button, i get the 'adb shell not granted superuser permission' but i have rooted my phone for a while now and i use the SuperSu app. i have checked the superuser permissions for adb and its granted...whats happening in this situation?
3.Tecno N3 fastboot mode- its either i dont know how to do it or sth is wrong with my phone...when i try to start in fastboot mode...i just get a reboot which stops at displaying the tecno logo....does this mean (a).something is wrong woth my phone or (b).that i have not unlocked my bootloader (if this dumb phone has one)
(02-14-2015, 03:20 PM)dapo4friends Wrote: Hovatek...please i have a couple of problems here.....
Problems are.

Launch adb then type
Code:
adb devices
adb shell
su
lets know the output of each
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
I did as u said and the results thus says:
a.when i typed 'adb devices', it said 'daemon started successfully and showed my phone as 'tecno 7336' on port 5037.
b.when i typed 'adb shell', i got a $ sign as response.
c. when i typed 'su', i got su with # as response and my phone also granted adb shell superuser rights....
Thats as far as d 3 commands u instructed went..
Then i tried running the romdumping commands in your guide again one by one. i kept getting 'adb: not found'. please what could be wrong here? That it didnt find d INSTALL file in d adb folder or could it be that the file is corrupt?
By the way zipped romdump v72 file on your site was not downloading so i had to look elsewhere..maybe u check that link...my browsers just kept retrying and failing.....
PS: you havent answered my question on the Fastboot of tecno N3 problem i told u in the previous post(u may refer back)....
Thanks so much....
(02-15-2015, 03:51 PM)dapo4friends Wrote: I did as u said and the results thus says:
a.when i typed 'adb devices', it said 'daemon started successfully and showed my phone as 'tecno 7336' on port 5037.
b.when i typed 'adb shell', i got a $ sign as response.
c. when i typed 'su', i got su with # as response and my phone also granted adb shell superuser rights....
Thats as far as d 3 commands u instructed went..
Then i tried running the romdumping commands in your guide again one by one. i kept getting 'adb: not found'. please what could be wrong here? That it didnt find d INSTALL file in d adb folder or could it be that the file is corrupt?
By the way zipped romdump v72 file on your site was not downloading so i had to look elsewhere..maybe u check that link...my browsers just kept retrying and failing.....
PS: you havent answered my question on the Fastboot of tecno N3 problem i told u in the previous post(u may refer back)....
Thanks so much....
For the romdump, its possible the install file wasnt successfully pushed to the appropriate location. check the commands one at a time
For the download, we'll look into the attachment issue. 
For fastboot, the best bet we have concerning your fastboot it to use adb commands to boot into fastboot. since you have adb, run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
and let me know what that shows

try this recovery image @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...t=download
let me know how it goes