Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3

hovatek nooowwww! please respond- request for alternative cmw recovery for tecno n3

Pages (10): Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2014, 09:46 PM

dapo4frien hovatek please dont get tired of me yet abeg...ejooo... i need to be clear on certain things....please l.i have spent much money to try to get this thing done.
i downloaded the cmw stock rom from google drive just now and i extracted the recovery.img file..i used mobile uncle to install it and rebooted into recovery..when recovery came up...i was alarmed to find out that this was the same default recovery of the tecno phone...its not a custom recovery that allows advanced operations like wiping dalvik cache and rom backup....i decided maybe i was wrong and so proceeded to install d UPDATE.zip file...gbam! i got this message- E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED.
What does this imply?
is it that the update file is bad or
is it that the recovery in the stock rom back up is not a CLOCKWORKMOD CUSTOM RECOVERY or
Is it....I AM CONFFFUUUUUUSSSSSSEEED! ARRGGGH!

Hovatek,please help me out...U guys are my last hope of getting to install ICS Eblak on this ancient tecno n3....Please what am i doing wrong???? I have spent 2500...already.

there's nothing wrong with your phone. the recovery.img you got from the stock backup was stock recovery not custom. Its aim was to fix your recovery partition since the cwm recovery you flashed wasnt compatible with your phone. would've been terrible if something else had come up and you're unable to boot into recovery mode either. you need to keep trying the cwm recovery image in dropbox. thats your next option

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2014, 09:49 PM
try this n3 cwm @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/j69ep0s3zml5nj...y.img?dl=0

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
28-11-2014, 03:38 AM
(27-11-2014, 09:49 PM)hovatek try this n3 cwm @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/j69ep0s3zml5nj...y.img?dl=0

looks like i am going to bw stuck in dis hold up for a while until dropbox stops being mischievous...how i wish this files were on 4 shared and not dropbox.....are they the only site with huge traffic...mtscheeeew!
Please cant the owner of a file reactivate his own account if it is disabled?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 11:12 AM
(28-11-2014, 03:38 AM)dapo4friends looks like i am going to bw stuck in dis hold up for a while until dropbox stops being mischievous...how i wish this files were on 4 shared and not dropbox.....are they the only site with huge traffic...mtscheeeew!

well, the account is ours and the file is on our account. when the download requests get too many, such files get disabled from public access. what we can do is to upload it to 4shared for you.

Note!
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
28-11-2014, 11:29 AM

(28-11-2014, 11:12 AM)hovatek
(28-11-2014, 03:38 AM)dapo4friends looks like i am going to bw stuck in dis hold up for a while until dropbox stops being mischievous...how i wish this files were on 4 shared and not dropbox.....are they the only site with huge traffic...mtscheeeew!

well, the account is ours and the file is on our account. when the download requests get too many, such files get disabled from public access.  what we can do is to upload it to 4shared for you.

Ah...Hovstek, i ll be veeeeeery grateful if u would do dat....Since i am not paying u guys for this great service...All i can say is a big thaaaàaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Please, i know dis thing isnt easy.....when might i expect info about the considered upload to 4shared with the link?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 12:13 PM
 dapo4friend Ah...Hovstek, i ll be veeeeeery grateful if u would do dat....Since i am not paying u guys for this great service...All i can say is a big thaaaàaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Please, i know dis thing isnt easy.....when might i expect info about the considered upload to 4shared with the link?

here's a fresh upload @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/j69ep0s3zml5nj...y.img?dl=0  . we're having issues uploading to 4shared @ the moment
This post was last modified: 28-11-2014, 12:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 12:32 PM
if that is the same thing then try the cwm recovery image @ http://www.4shared.com/get/FE3TX-wZ/cwm_...pdate.html

Note!
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
28-11-2014, 05:40 PM
[quote='hovatek' pid='7816' dateline='1417174342']
if that is the same thing then try

Hovatek, thanks soooooo much for being there all the while.... i have downloaded the package from the 4shared link and used it but it still presents that same problem- didnt boot successfully to recovery- stops at the tecno iconscreen, then later,screen switches off!
unfortunately, it looks you guys are the only indigenous company i think have given us nigerians this upgradability opportunities.... i dont know what to do again!
I just wonder why my tecno n3 shud b d only black sheep in the entire tecno n3 family.
Maybe i need to explore other options .
Though i do not think xda developers really support tecno that much...
What do u think?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 07:49 PM
dapo4frien Hovatek, thanks soooooo much for being there all the while.... i have downloaded the package from the 4shared link and used it but it still presents that same problem- didnt boot successfully to recovery- stops at the tecno iconscreen, then later,screen switches off!
unfortunately, it looks you guys are the only indigenous company i think have given us nigerians this upgradability opportunities.... i dont know what to do again!
I just wonder why my tecno n3 shud b d only black sheep in the entire tecno n3 family.
What do u think?

they support spreadtrum. n3 is spreadtrum based

Note!
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
02-12-2014, 10:45 PM

(28-11-2014, 07:49 PM)hovatek
dapo4friends Hovatek, thanks soooooo much for being there all the while.... i have downloaded the package from the 4shared link and used it but it still presents that same problem- didnt boot successfully to recovery- stops at the tecno iconscreen, then later,screen switches off!
What do u think?

they support spreadtrum. n3 is spreadtrum based

Hovatek...in my search online for a solution to the roadblock on my journey to CUSTOM ROMLAND. i found a software that 'discovered that my tecno n3 is not Spreadtrum based but ARM V7 CHIPSET BASED...Please does this ring a bell? i used to think tecno phones were MTK BASED....Please, is this d reason the CWM Cuztom recoveries i downloaded are not working.
Pages (10): Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next