I’ll be explaining how to reset your Nokia phone i.e without flashing. Resetting a phone is almost similar to flashing a phone only that you won't be loosing files rather you'd loose every settings which includes security settings as well.
If you wish to flash your phone - See the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-3464.html
- The process should not be interrupted due to insufficient charge on the battery or due to disconnection of the USB cord as it may result to a totally damaged phone.
- Ensure to use the same firmware version that's currently running on the phone
- Phoenix Service Suite
- Nokia PC Suite
- Download Firmware @ https://mrcrab.net/nokia.html
- A working USB cable
- Phone to be reset (I am using asha 302 in this tutorial)
- At least 50% charged battery
How to Reset Nokia Devices (Java and Symbian)
- Install Nokia PC Suite
- Install phoenix
- DOwnload your phone's firmware files from Nokia Firmwares
- After successfully downloading all files required for your phone, goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
- Create a folder inside the directory above and rename the folder to your phone's product type. E.G Nokia asha 302 should be renamed as RM-813
- Copy and paste all downloaded files into the newly created folder. use the picture below as reference
- Start Phoenix
- Power off the phone
- Connect your phone through USB Cable
- Click File > Open Product.
- Select your RM code from the window that appears. Click OK (see pic below)
NOte: for asha 302, we'd select RM-813
- Click on the Flashing tab > select Firmware Update. (see pic below)
- Check the option “Dead Phone USB Flashing”
- Click the small box beside product code and select your phone's firmware (see pic below)
- Click SW Reset and the phone reset process should start.
- The process might be halted and you would be asked to remove battery etc. simply follow all the processes as seen on your PC screen
- Your phone should automatically startup when the reset is complete.
- Once completed successfully, you can safely remove your USB from the phone