Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK6582 device semi-bricked?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MTK6582 device semi-bricked?

[Please help] MTK6582 device semi-bricked?

hdg20
hdg20
hdg20
Enthusiastic Member
06-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Hello all,

I have some trouble 'reviving' an Android device of a friend of mine. He deleted an unknown file from his SD card which resulted in the phone being stuck in a boot loop. He askes me, an iPhone user  Big Grin, to help. Unfortunately, I've probably flashed the wrong ROM or preloader because the phone is not responding well at all.

The phone won't start with the battery inserted. However, with no battery and a USB connection with my PC, I am able to make some sort of contact with the device. When holding the volume + button and connecting USB, the SP Flash Tool is able to send software to the device. I have to click 'Download' in SPFT first and then the phone will connect long enough for a succesful flash of the preloader or anything else.

The file that I'm able to flash is called: preloader_hedy82_wet_v116_jb5.bin. Any other files will give me DRAM or other errors. But I am able to perform a full flash of the ROM, however this does not result in the phone starting or anything else.

I have no idea what is wrong at this point. I don't feel it's really bricked but I don't have anymore options left.

Best regards,
Henry
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-10-2015, 08:07 PM
(06-10-2015, 04:07 PM)hdg20 Hello all,

I have some trouble 'reviving' an Android device of a friend of mine. He deleted an unknown file from his SD card which resulted in the phone being stuck in a boot loop. He askes me, an iPhone user  Big Grin, to help. Unfortunately, I've probably flashed the wrong ROM or preloader because the phone is not responding well at all.

The phone won't start with the battery inserted. However, with no battery and a USB connection with my PC, I am able to make some sort of contact with the device. When holding the volume + button and connecting USB, the SP Flash Tool is able to send software to the device. I have to click 'Download' in SPFT first and then the phone will connect long enough for a succesful flash of the preloader or anything else.

The file that I'm able to flash is called: preloader_hedy82_wet_v116_jb5.bin. Any other files will give me DRAM or other errors. But I am able to perform a full flash of the ROM, however this does not result in the phone starting or anything else.

I have no idea what is wrong at this point. I don't feel it's really bricked but I don't have anymore options left.

Best regards,
Henry

whats the phone model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hdg20
hdg20
hdg20
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2015, 12:31 AM
(06-10-2015, 08:07 PM)hovatek whats the phone model?

It's a fake Galaxy Note 3 manufactured by "1:1" I think. The chipset is MTK6582. There is a code 'MN9005#1' written below the battery.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-10-2015, 09:20 AM
(07-10-2015, 12:31 AM)hdg20 It's a fake Galaxy Note 3 manufactured by "1:1" I think. The chipset is MTK6582. There is a code 'MN9005#1' written below the battery.

from your description, its likely a no space error.
whats the exact error code you're getting for other files and the hint at the bottom?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hdg20
hdg20
hdg20
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2015, 02:28 PM

I don't get any errors at all. I'm able to perform a full flash, so there is first a red line, than green, than purple (bootloader) and yellow for the flash and then a Download OK screen.
hdg20
hdg20
hdg20
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2015, 03:03 PM
I have replaced the battery, and I can turn on the device but nothing happens. The screen remains black, however there is a blacklight. And when pressing the vol + button the LED wil become green. What to do next?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(07-10-2015, 03:03 PM)hdg20 I have replaced the battery, and I can turn on the device but nothing happens. The screen remains black, however there is a blacklight. And when pressing the vol + button the LED wil become green. What to do next?

sounds like an incompatible ROM.
can the phone boot into recovery mode?

Note!
hdg20
hdg20
hdg20
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2015, 04:59 PM
I dont know how to boot into recovery mode with this device. I only know that, in order to use SPFT, i need to remove the battery and use vol +
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
(07-10-2015, 04:59 PM)hdg20 I dont know how to boot into recovery mode with this device. I only know that, in order to use SPFT, i need to remove the battery and use vol +

Switch off > hold volume increase button without releasing > hold power button and keep holding both buttons

Note!