Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Possibly Bricked my Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 - Internal Storage Inc Attempt failed.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Possibly Bricked my Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 - Internal Storage Inc Attempt failed.

Possibly Bricked my Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 - Internal Storage Inc Attempt failed.

MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM

I own a Micromax A250 - Canvas Turbo. I rooted it and tried expanding its memory from some unrememberable source and rebooted, now its bricked.
Before, Booting up stuck it at Micromax logo and in recovery menu every thing displays either error in data/mount or it simply says No sd card if I try to wipe data or cache.
Thought of formatting the SD Card with SP tool and succeeded I don't know fortunately or unfortunately as it is a complete literal brick now, no response from the device. Please help me unbrick it and further increase my internal storage.
I now know its my EBR files affected, but in order to maintain safety and not complicate my situation I am here to know in detail the process of unbricking and refreshing my phone.

I've got SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1312.0.139
Roms - Maybe the v1 stock rom in my Canvas if its not gone too with the card (most probable)
Drivers - Installed MTK VCOM drivers and Micromax drivers too.

Further I wish to install Cyanogenmod 11 rom on my device if I'm not taking it too far. Help, I need it set right asap D: , forget the custom roms just help me set it right. But if due to formatting my one and only internal sd card, if a rom has to be installed from scratch irrespective of if its stock or not, please guide me that way through. I'm kind of a newbie so please elaborate as much as possible the process.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
MohitRobinson I own a Micromax A250 - Canvas Turbo. I rooted it and tried expanding its memory from some unrememberable source and rebooted, now its bricked.
Before, Booting up stuck it at Micromax logo and in recovery menu every thing displays either error in data/mount or it simply says No sd card if I try to wipe data or cache.
Thought of formatting the SD Card with SP tool and succeeded I don't know fortunately or unfortunately as it is a complete literal brick now, no response from the device. Please help me unbrick it and further increase my internal storage.
I now know its my EBR files affected, but in order to maintain safety and not complicate my situation I am here to know in detail the process of unbricking and refreshing my phone.

I've got SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1312.0.139
Roms - Maybe the v1 stock rom in my Canvas if its not gone too with the card (most probable)
Drivers - Installed MTK VCOM drivers and Micromax drivers too.

Further I wish to install Cyanogenmod 11 rom on my device if I'm not taking it too far. Help, I need it set right asap D: , forget the custom roms just help me set it right. But if due to formatting my one and only internal sd card, if a rom has to be installed from scratch irrespective of if its stock or not, please guide me that way through. I'm kind of a newbie so please elaborate as much as possible the process.

the top priority is to get your phone working again.
1. Can you get access to the original backup of your exact phone model? and please, list the files in the backup?
2. What does the phone show when you ty powering it on?
3. Can the phone boot into recovery mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2014, 11:15 AM
(03-12-2014, 10:18 AM)hovatek the top priority is to get your phone working again.
1. Can you get access to the original backup of your exact phone model? and please, list the files in the backup?
2. What does the phone show when you ty powering it on?
3. Can the phone boot into recovery mode?
Okay first things first.
1. What is supposed to be the backup of my model? If it is the stock rom, I can probably find something for it. If there has to be anything else, please tell me.
2. Well, my phone shows no response when I try powering it on anymore now as I formatted my internal sd card which I think included all things in it. Its a non removable card
3. No the phone cannot boot up in any way, it no longer shows recovery mode by pressing any kind of keys. Its dead, but still SP tools can come to rescue as I hope.
Please tell me what can I do for reviving it. It seems a dead end here to me, I don't have rom backup with me of any kind, Tell me anything and I will straightly download it, no backups with me atm.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 12:47 PM
(03-12-2014, 11:15 AM)MohitRobinson Okay first things first.
1. What is supposed to be the backup of my model? If it is the stock rom, I can probably find something for it. If there has to be anything else, please tell me.
2. Well, my phone shows no response when I try powering it on anymore now as I formatted my internal sd card which I think included all things in it. Its a non removable card
3. No the phone cannot boot up in any way, it no longer shows recovery mode by pressing any kind of keys. Its dead, but still SP tools can come to rescue as I hope.
Please tell me what can I do for reviving it. It seems a dead end here to me, I don't have rom backup with me of any kind, Tell me anything and I will straightly download it, no backups with me atm.

there's plenty hope. what you need is the rom dump or MTK droid tools backup of your phone model. it should contain recovery.img, system.img , boot.img etc
check http://androidxda.com/download-micromax-...rom-models
This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2014, 02:35 PM

(03-12-2014, 12:47 PM)hovatek there's plenty hope.  what you need is the rom dump or MTK droid tools backup of your phone model.  it should contain recovery.img, system.img , boot.img etc
check http://androidxda.com/download-micromax-...rom-models

Okay I downloaded some things and have screen shotted them and put them here.
The Rom is stock rom for my phone's model v5, it has all things you said along with some other required ones too.
Please tell me further what to do now.

[Image: A250_Stock_Rom.jpg]

[Image: All_I_Got_2.jpg%5D]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
(03-12-2014, 02:35 PM)MohitRobinson Okay I downloaded some things and have screen shotted them and put them here.
The Rom is stock rom for my phone's model v5, it has all things you said along with some other required ones too.
Please tell me further what to do now.
[Image: A250_Stock_Rom.jpg]
[Image: All_I_Got_2.jpg%5D]
seen. you're good to go. proceed with sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html and dont forget to manually install Vcom drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 07:27 PM by hovatek.

Note!
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
That was easy as anything, phone is up again running stock v5, A heavy worthy thanks to hovatek team. "" REAL HEARTY THANKS ""

LEFTOUT : As I took backup of IMEI from mobileuncle but only limited it to my sd card which just back got erased, I lost it, any guidance on how to stop my phone from showing Invalid IMEI on Pull down Statusbar?

Moreover , I now wish that you guys could help me out in
1. Increasing the internal storage SAFELY. Can it be simply done with the files of EBR i got and I pinned to my previous post? Can they be simply replaced by the stock ones? I don't care if the sdcard gets formatted again. I lost each and every thing I needed on it. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-215.html <<<-- I read this string and thought how much better and easier it would be that I could replace the EBR files on SP tool with the same rom installation. Is it possible and safe?

2. I am fed up of my present rom thats why I decided to do everything in a haste.. Every custom rom has its drawbacks.. Please, I would like comments on a rom having high game and device performance and least drawbacks (like shutting down sensors etc). I thought of Cyanogenmod which has kitkat in it 4.4.4 .. I don't know about its drawbacks but prefer it because it had something newer in its os apart from many other features. What can be its drawbacks?

3. Can I increase the internal memory and install the custom rom simultaneosly? Please reply asap. Its been interesting and knowledgeable to clear my doubts and get to know what and how to do things safely here in this forum. I'm thinking of installing the custom rom (the one you suggest) and increasing internal memory with my custom EBRs that you saw above simultaneously through SP tool by simply replacing the custom rom's EBRs with my custom increased internal mem EBRs. Am I going for the right?

LEFTOUT REMINDER : As I took backup of IMEI from mobileuncle but only limited it to my sd card which just back got erased, I lost it, any guidance on how to stop my phone from showing Invalid IMEI on Pull down Statusbar?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 07:31 PM
MohitRobinso That was easy as anything, phone is up again running stock v5, A heavy worthy thanks to hovatek team. "" REAL HEARTY THANKS ""
lets address these one at a time
1. To fix Null IMEI , read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
2. For the internal storage tweak, another method of increasing your internal storage is @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html
3. For the custom rom, you'll need to google this yourself and read user reviews
This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM by hovatek.

Note!
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
MohitRobinson
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2014, 08:46 AM
-IMEI fixed

- Glitchily Increased internal Space to 3 GB ~ Now EVERY TIME I reboot it shows my card is damaged and needs to be formatted over and over again. HIGH PRIORITY and I DO NOT want to revert back space to 1 GB

- Have to install http://forum.xda-developers.com/canvas-t...m-t2679445 <--  this kitkat themed rom. Can't it be installed by SP Tools? I'm stuck at the below shots.

[Image: SJO_Set.jpg]

[Image: SJO.jpg]

[Image: Err.jpg]

EDIT : Managed to set right the first 2, but still whenever I try to install any of the 2 custom roms, simply it shows installation aborted. Any fixes? You took so much time to reply.

EDIT 2 : So long hovatek team? Tongue , anyways here are the snaps of whats up here..

[Image: Recovery_Custom_Rom_Fail.jpg]
This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 06:10 AM by MohitRobinson.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2014, 12:49 PM

(04-12-2014, 08:46 AM)MohitRobinson -IMEI fixed

- Glitchily Increased internal Space to 3 GB ~ Now EVERY TIME I reboot it shows my card is damaged and needs to be formatted over and over again. HIGH PRIORITY and I DO NOT want to revert back space to 1 GB

- Have to install http://forum.xda-developers.com/canvas-t...m-t2679445 <--  this kitkat themed rom. Can't it be installed by SP Tools? I'm stuck at the below shots.

[Image: SJO_Set.jpg]

[Image: SJO.jpg]

[Image: Err.jpg]

EDIT : Managed to set right the first 2, but still whenever I try to install any of the 2 custom roms, simply it shows installation aborted. Any fixes? You took so much time to reply.

EDIT 2 : So long hovatek team? Tongue , anyways here are the snaps of whats up here..

[Image: Recovery_Custom_Rom_Fail.jpg]

sorry for the lengthy response time.
first of all, the option you selected is wrong.
you selected install update from SD card and thats not how you flash a custom ROM (which isnt named update.zip)
Also, you appear to have stock recovery installed, not clockworkmod recovery. you cant flash a custom ROM using stock recovery. flash clockwormod recovery to the phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html then make a clcokworkmod backup of your phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-472.html

Note!