Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lenovo A328 Flashing Issues S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3148)

My Lenovo A328 wont boot, on startup it only displayed the Lenovo logo in a loop. Also unable to access the recovery.

I installed VCOM drivers for 6582, SP flash both versions 3.x and 5.x, and got stock rom from needrom . com

In sp flash, checked DA/DL with checksum, loaded scatter and clicked download. Plugged in switched off phone with battery and memory card. After red and purple load lines, got error on yellow load lines as S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3148) and no hints. 

Unable to download individual files PRELOADER, MBR, EBR1, etc. as it shows 'PMT changed for ROM. It must be downloaded' in SPF v5.x.
In SPFv3.x while downloading individual files, got error 'S_CHECKSUM_ERROR (1041) for RECOVERY and CACHE, and S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3148) for ANDROID and USRDATA. Tried with a ROM from another source and got exactly the same errors.

Also, ran EMMC test and got this error S_DA_MT_DEDICATED_PATTERN_ERROR (3094)
[H/W] DA detects error on the phone  while memory test with dedicated pattern! Please ask for help!

Any thoughts?

(10-11-2015, 02:26 PM)jsg007 Wrote: My Lenovo A328 wont boot, on startup it only displayed the Lenovo logo in a loop. Also unable to access the recovery.

I installed VCOM drivers for 6582, SP flash both versions 3.x and 5.x, and got stock rom from needrom . com

In sp flash, checked DA/DL with checksum, loaded scatter and clicked download. Plugged in switched off phone with battery and memory card. After red and purple load lines, got error on yellow load lines as S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3148) and no hints. 

Unable to download individual files PRELOADER, MBR, EBR1, etc. as it shows 'PMT changed for ROM. It must be downloaded' in SPF v5.x.
In SPFv3.x while downloading individual files, got error 'S_CHECKSUM_ERROR (1041) for RECOVERY and CACHE, and S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3148) for ANDROID and USRDATA. Tried with a ROM from another source and got exactly the same errors.

[H/W] DA detects error on the phone  while memory test with dedicated pattern! Please ask for help!

Any thoughts?

1. seems the phone's eMMC is corrupted. have you tried formatting in v5 and using firmware upgrade?
2. list all the files in the firmware you have
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(10-11-2015, 08:21 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 02:26 PM)jsg007 Wrote: My Lenovo A328 wont boot, on startup it only displayed the Lenovo logo in a loop. Also unable to access the recovery.

Any thoughts?

1. seems the phone's eMMC is corrupted. have you tried formatting in v5 and using firmware upgrade?

1. Yes, I've tried formatting with v5 and the firmware upgrade. No use.
How can I handle a corrupt eMMC?

2. Attached a snapshot of the files in the firmware.

Attached Files
.jpg   firmware.JPG (Size: 40.49 KB / Downloads: 17)
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015, 06:41 PM by hovatek. )
(10-18-2015, 02:58 PM)jsg007 Wrote: 1. seems the phone's eMMC is corrupted. have you tried formatting in v5 and using firmware upgrade?

1. Yes, I've tried formatting with v5 and the firmware upgrade. No use.
How can I handle a corrupt eMMC?

2. Attached a snapshot of the files in the firmware.
[/quote]

Your ROM looks ok. Try flashing only preloader
Also, try another ROM for your exact model
Waiting...
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)