Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Lenovo A388t bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Lenovo A388t bricked

[Please help] Lenovo A388t bricked

Dojoko
Dojoko
Dojoko
20-10-2015, 04:33 AM

Hi everybody. Pls i would like some serious help to restore my phone. I own a lenovo a388t china phone with spreadtrum chipset 8830. The phone can not be upgraded over the air. New roms can only be flashed. That is where trouble started. Following the tutorials on this forum to flash a phone that has a pac rom with the sprd upgrade research flashtool, i proceeded to download and install all drivers and software. Then i ran the program and inserted the phone. The tool recognised the phone and started flashing for like 5 seconds. But then it stopped and showed "operation failed". When i tried it again it showed the same thing while telling me that "checking baudrate". 
I went to the tool's log and saw that the operation failed due to - write channel fail. But for the last two days, the only reason that is shown is - "failed: incompatible partition".
After trying repeatedly, i gave up. On switching my phone back on, it just vibrated twice without coming on. It hasn't since then. Only when i press the combination for fastboot does it boot into the fastboot screen. I am well and truly confused. Please help me oh
This post was last modified: 20-10-2015, 05:59 AM by Dojoko.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2015, 02:58 PM
(20-10-2015, 04:33 AM)Dojoko Hi everybody. Pls i would like some serious help to restore my phone. I own a lenovo a388t china phone with spreadtrum chipset 8830. The phone can not be upgraded over the air. New roms can only be flashed. That is where trouble started. Following the tutorials on this forum to flash a phone that has a pac rom with the sprd upgrade research flashtool, i proceeded to download and install all drivers and software. Then i ran the program and inserted the phone. The tool recognised the phone and started flashing for like 5 seconds. But then it stopped and showed "operation failed". When i tried it again it showed the same thing while telling me that "checking baudrate". 
I went to the tool's log and saw that the operation failed due to - write channel fail. But for the last two days, the only reason that is shown is - "failed: incompatible partition".
After trying repeatedly, i gave up. On switching my phone back on, it just vibrated twice without coming on. It hasn't since then. Only when i press the combination for fastboot does it boot into the fastboot screen. I am well and truly confused. Please help me oh

1. are you very certain that the pac file is for the exact model?
2. using Research Download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html , flash fdl 1&2 and cache. untick the reset. if its successful, repeat the same for other files on the list one at a time (fdl 1&2 are constant)
waiting....

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dojoko
Dojoko
Dojoko
24-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Thank you thank you oh so very much. Worked like a charm. My phone is back. I am immensely grateful.