Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help on repairing my hardware and the corrupted ROM
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help on repairing my hardware and the corrupted ROM

Help on repairing my hardware and the corrupted ROM

elsie
elsie
elsie
Enthusiastic Member
20-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Hello could you please help me with my phone techno F7,the front camera doesn't come on anymore and I understand that it should have both a front and a back camera but unfortunately ,its only the back camera that works when I on the camera...thus means that that switch to front camera symbol never appears at all so am left therefore with the back camera only..(hope you get me).so please I was directed to join the forum here for an assistant that would also provide a step by step guide tutorial to help me fix my phone cos the person who directed me here from Facebook said its something to do with the hardware or ROM being faulty or corrupted so could you please help me?. Also I noticed the internal memory of this phone is very small ,I mean its just either 1GB or 2GB.its that little so is other anything that can be done to create more memory space please.Do send me help please.

Sent from my TECNO F7 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2015, 03:36 PM
(20-10-2015, 09:15 AM)elsie Hello could you please help me with my phone techno F7,the front camera doesn't come on anymore and I understand that it should have both a front and a back camera but unfortunately ,its only the back camera that works when I on the camera...thus means that that switch to front camera symbol never appears at all so am left therefore with the back camera only..(hope you get me).so please I was directed to join the forum here for an assistant that would also provide a step by step guide tutorial to help me fix my phone cos the person who directed me here from Facebook said its something to do with the hardware or ROM being faulty or corrupted so could you please help me?. Also I noticed the internal memory of this phone is very small ,I mean its just either 1GB or 2GB.its that little so is other anything that can be done to create more memory space please.Do send me help please.

Need to find out about the phone.
1. what version of Android is the phone running on?
2. is the phone rooted?
This post was last modified: 20-10-2015, 03:41 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
elsie
elsie
elsie
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Its version 4.2.1 and I have no idea of what rooting is sorry

elsie
elsie
elsie
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2015, 09:31 AM
(21-10-2015, 09:29 AM)elsie Its version 4.2.1 and I have no idea of what rooting is sorry

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-10-2015, 12:15 PM

(21-10-2015, 09:29 AM)elsie Its version 4.2.1 and I have no idea of what rooting is sorry

alright, here are the steps

1. root
2. backup your phone incase
3. flash our ROM

root the phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html
waiting...
This post was last modified: 21-10-2015, 12:15 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
elsie
elsie
elsie
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2015, 12:42 PM
i dont understand so please send me steps specific for tecno f7

elsie
elsie
elsie
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2015, 12:50 PM
the guide on rooting for F7 is just so obsolete,am just disappointed cos my phone rejected installing d eroot saying its not trusted,all this stress just to regain d functioning of my front camera that refused to show even when everybody else knows that an f7 should have both a functional front and back camera...so much for believing that i would get help from this forum!

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2015, 04:56 PM
(22-10-2015, 12:50 PM)elsie the guide on rooting for F7 is just so obsolete,am just disappointed cos my phone rejected installing d eroot saying its not trusted,all this stress just to regain d functioning of my front camera that refused to show even when everybody else knows that an f7 should have both a functional front and back camera...so much for believing that i would get help from this forum!

Please, be calm.
The ideal thing to do is to tell me what difficulty you're encountering; after all, im only trying to help.
I understand you've tried third party camera apps but none worked. That means its either a software or hardware issue.
Flashing the firmware will tell us which it most likely is.
Before you proceed with flashing the firmware, you need to root and backup your phone just incase something goes wrong.
The first step is rooting, next is backing up and finally flashing the ROM.
Now to rooting, 
Eroot is to be installed and launched on your PC, not your phone. disable your antivirus, the software isnt harmful.
tell me the exact issues you're encountering and i'll tell you how to resolve each, thats how it works.
im waiting for you to root the phone using the guide.....
If this is too cumbersome for you then i strongly advise you take your phone to a technician
This post was last modified: 22-10-2015, 04:59 PM by hovatek.

Note!