Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000

[Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2015, 05:39 AM

good day sirs, I accidentally delete my nvram when I flash a rom, now I have invalid imei. my friend lend me a phone same as mine with back up of his. but when I restore in cwm we have the same imei. I follow your tutorial for mtkdroid tool but everytime I reboot it's still my friend's imei. how can I restore my original imei sir? my phone is Lenovo a5000. is there a way to recover my original imei without rooting my device? I'm about to do a system update lollipop by in my device, root + system update = bootloop. please help me sirs. thanks
This post was last modified: 21-10-2015, 05:48 AM by NickDCII.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-10-2015, 11:30 AM
(21-10-2015, 05:39 AM)NickDCII good day sirs, I accidentally delete my nvram when I flash a rom, now I have invalid imei. my friend lend me a phone same as mine with back up of his. but when I restore in cwm we have the same imei. I follow your tutorial for mtkdroid tool but everytime I reboot it's still my friend's imei. how can I restore my original imei sir? my phone is Lenovo a5000. is there a way to recover my original imei without rooting my device? I'm about to do a system update lollipop by in my device, root + system update = bootloop. please help me sirs. thanks

if i get you correctly, you made a CWM backup of your friend's phone  to fix yours.
was your friend's phone rooted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2015, 12:48 PM
yes sir his phone is rooted. I also have nvram warning error in my wifi. I already tried the mp0b_001 method and the engineering method but when I restore factory settings my imei is gone again. I also tried the replace imei in mtkdroid but after reboot nothing happens. I needed to full unroot my device to update my firmware to lollipop to avoid bootloop sir.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-10-2015, 03:16 PM
(21-10-2015, 12:48 PM)NickDCII yes sir his phone is rooted. I also have nvram warning error in my wifi. I already tried the mp0b_001  method and the engineering method but when I  restore factory  settings my imei is gone again. I also tried the replace imei in mtkdroid but after reboot nothing happens. I needed to full unroot my device to update my firmware to lollipop to avoid bootloop sir.

if your friends phone was rooted then your phone is most likely also rooted. use root checker apk to confirm this.
if you do a factory reset, your IMEI could disappear. this is because NVRAM is located in /data which is wiped during a factory reset.
To fix the 0x10 error, read  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-117.html
The unrooting technique will depend on how the phone was rooted

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2015, 02:06 AM

yes sir, my phone's rooted right now and I have to flash another stock rom with different firmware so that I can update but my problem with imei and nvram warning is still there. my question sir is, aren't there any other way to make the fix permanent? my friend can flash and restore factory settings without losing his imei. I accidentally format flash with spflash tool when I'm following a guide that says I have to do format+download to revive my phone from deadboot.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2015, 11:55 AM
(22-10-2015, 02:06 AM)NickDCII yes sir, my phone's rooted right now and I have to flash another stock rom with different firmware so that I can update but my problem with imei and nvram warning is still there. my question sir is, aren't there any other way to make the fix permanent? my friend can flash and restore factory settings without losing his imei. I accidentally format flash with spflash tool when I'm following a guide that says I have to do format+download to revive my phone from deadboot.

Flashing the ROM using sp flash tool (especially secro.img) helps stabilise the nvram folder.
Do you still have access to your friend's phone?

Note!
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
22-10-2015, 03:43 PM
yes sir I can borrow his phone anytime. but his phone's not rooted anymore. and the problem is I don't know how to make a flashable stock rom sir.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(22-10-2015, 03:43 PM)NickDCII yes sir I can borrow his phone anytime. but his phone's not rooted anymore. and the problem is I don't know how to make a flashable stock rom sir.

download the ROM @ http://xdafirmware.com/lenovo-a5000 and flash using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
23-10-2015, 03:54 AM
thank you sir, I flashed the lollipop firmware (s119). but still I have invalid imei, nvram warning err=0x10, and my serial number is gone too. :-(
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
23-10-2015, 08:28 AM

I just need to restore my S/N and I'm good to go sir. I fix wifi and imei temporarily. guess I just leave it that way until there's a permanent fix available. how to restore lost S/N sir?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next