Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000

[Please help] invalid IMEI Lenovo a5000

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-10-2015, 01:14 PM

(23-10-2015, 08:28 AM)NickDCII I just need to restore my S/N and I'm good to go sir. I fix wifi and imei temporarily. guess I just leave it that way until there's a permanent fix available. how to restore lost S/N sir?

Flash a lower version of Android

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
Enthusiastic Member
23-10-2015, 03:01 PM
(23-10-2015, 01:14 PM)hovatek
(23-10-2015, 08:28 AM)NickDCII I just need to restore my S/N and I'm good to go sir. I fix wifi and imei temporarily. guess I just leave it that way until there's a permanent fix available. how to restore lost S/N sir?

Flash a lower version of Android

I am also currently having this problem - same device, with the latest lollipop update 5.0.2 (which i cant root!) I  already tried downgrading to fix the problem in kitkat because it's where i can only obtain root permission (downgrading from kitkat to lollipop causes touch screen problems because kitkat isnt compatible with the updated touch drive anymore) but it's still temporary, when i tried flashing back lollipop the problem still remains the same, Nvram error on wifi (wrong mac address) and wrong IMEI numbers. I suppose we can steer this issue on the right path if someone can teach us on rooting lenovo A5000 in lollipop 5.0.2 (update S123) because we can address the problem if we can get root access in lollipop version which unfortunately i dont know how, If someone could share how to do it i'd be glad to listen...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-10-2015, 07:34 PM
(23-10-2015, 03:01 PM)kentjameslc I am also currently having this problem - same device, with the latest lollipop update 5.0.2 (which i cant root!) I  already tried downgrading to fix the problem in kitkat because it's where i can only obtain root permission (downgrading from kitkat to lollipop causes touch screen problems because kitkat isnt compatible with the updated touch drive anymore) but it's still temporary, when i tried flashing back lollipop the problem still remains the same, Nvram error on wifi (wrong mac address) and wrong IMEI numbers. I suppose we can steer this issue on the right path if someone can teach us on rooting lenovo A5000 in lollipop 5.0.2 (update S123) because we can address the problem if we can get root access in lollipop version which unfortunately i dont know how, If someone could share how to do it i'd be glad to listen...

getting an NVRAM for the phone model would've helped. rooting is another alternative.
doesn't Kingroot work?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
NickDCII
NickDCII
NickDCII
Enthusiastic Member
24-10-2015, 03:11 AM
@kentjameslc I am on 5.0.2 now. to root our phone you have to flash twrp via spflash tool and then download a flashable supersu and flash it thru twrp. I'm rooted now.
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
Enthusiastic Member
24-10-2015, 04:34 AM

(23-10-2015, 07:34 PM)hovatek
(23-10-2015, 03:01 PM)kentjameslc I am also currently having this problem - same device, with the latest lollipop update 5.0.2 (which i cant root!) I  already tried downgrading to fix the problem in kitkat because it's where i can only obtain root permission (downgrading from kitkat to lollipop causes touch screen problems because kitkat isnt compatible with the updated touch drive anymore) but it's still temporary, when i tried flashing back lollipop the problem still remains the same, Nvram error on wifi (wrong mac address) and wrong IMEI numbers. I suppose we can steer this issue on the right path if someone can teach us on rooting lenovo A5000 in lollipop 5.0.2 (update S123) because we can address the problem if we can get root access in lollipop version which unfortunately i dont know how, If someone could share how to do it i'd be glad to listen...

getting an NVRAM for the phone model would've helped. rooting is another alternative.
doesn't Kingroot work?

It worked on kitkat but not on lollipop update, it says no strategy or something similar.
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
Enthusiastic Member
24-10-2015, 04:36 AM
(24-10-2015, 03:11 AM)NickDCII @kentjameslc I am on 5.0.2 now. to root our phone you have to flash twrp via spflash tool and then download a flashable supersu and flash it thru twrp. I'm rooted now
Can you provide me the link of the twrp you used for the 5.0.2 update? Im thinking on giving it a try  Shy
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
Enthusiastic Member
24-10-2015, 04:39 AM

I saw the S/N & IMEI 1&2 at the back of our devices, the battery sticker
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
kentjameslc
Enthusiastic Member
24-10-2015, 04:59 AM
I have found out how to root my Phone (it has a specific developer community site) And Soon I'll be fixing my IMEI, thanks for the hint!
mehmood
mehmood
mehmood
11-07-2016, 03:11 AM
(21-10-2015, 12:48 PM)NickDCIINickDCII yes sir his phone is rooted. I also have nvram warning error in my wifi. I already tried the mp0b_001  method and the engineering method but when I  restore factory  settings my imei is gone again. I also tried the replace imei in mtkdroid but after reboot nothing happens. I needed to full unroot my device to update my firmware to lollipop to avoid bootloop sir.

Chamelphone apk can solve imei issue very easy if ur a rooted user

And WiFi nvram error fix file u can download and put in to nvram folder but both issue will b start again after reset phone otherwise very easy to solve in 5 minute.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2