Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help in rooting Lenovo A5000 lollipop (update S123)

Greetings to everyone,

Ive been trying hard in an attempt to root my device Lenovo A5000 after it's lollipop update!
I just cant root it for I've tried :
-using rooting apps and they dont support my device
-I cannot install custom recovery because nothing happens when i boot to recovery after I flash it with sp tools (mtk droid tool cites that theres a file preventing me on booting custom recovery: recovery-from-boot.p and i cant delete it because i need root access)

I also cannot downgrade to kitkat (i can root kitkat and install custom recoveries) because the touch drivers has been updated after updating to lollipop which makes the touch drivers incompatible with kitkat that renders the touchscreen on the device unbearably laggy when dragging. I am facing an IMEI / NVram Problem (and it's all because of my attempt to root lollipop) that disabled my connectivity to wifi and sim which can be fixed through actions with root permissions but i cant fix that, not without rooting my device!

So please if anyone knows, How can i root my device?

Device Info:

Hardware : MT6582
Model : Lenovo A5000
Build number : A5000_S123_150929_8G_ROW
Build date UTC : 20150929-143618
Android  v : 5.0.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V4.P4,MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V4.P4, 2015/07/20 16:48
Kernel v : 3.10.54 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.8 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Tue Sep 29 22:51:13 CST 2015

(10-23-2015, 03:30 PM)kentjameslc Wrote: Greetings to everyone,

Ive been trying hard in an attempt to root my device Lenovo A5000 after it's lollipop update!
-I cannot install custom recovery because nothing happens when i boot to recovery after I flash it with sp tools (mtk droid tool cites that theres a file preventing me on booting custom recovery: recovery-from-boot.p and i cant delete it because i need root access)

I also cannot downgrade to kitkat (i can root kitkat and install custom recoveries) because the touch drivers has been updated after updating to lollipop which makes the touch drivers incompatible with kitkat that renders the touchscreen on the device unbearably laggy when dragging. I am facing an IMEI / NVram Problem (and it's all because of my attempt to root lollipop) that disabled my connectivity to wifi and sim which can be fixed through actions with root permissions but i cant fix that, not without rooting my device!

Device Info:

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V4.P4,MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V4.P4, 2015/07/20 16:48
Kernel v : 3.10.54 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.8 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Tue Sep 29 22:51:13 CST 2015

which root methods have you tried?
(10-23-2015, 03:30 PM)kentjameslc Wrote: Greetings to everyone,

Device Info:

i take it you have the lollipop recovery.img
Well, it seems that the recovery i was trying to flash was incompatible with lollipop!
I found the Specific Recovery for my O.S. version and Ive gained root access! for anyone who are trying to install custom recovery with the same device @ it's lollipop O.S., you can find it at the russian lenovo forums.
(10-24-2015, 05:07 AM)kentjameslc Wrote: Well, it seems that the recovery i was trying to flash was incompatible with lollipop!
I found the Specific Recovery for my O.S. version and Ive gained root access! for anyone who are trying to install custom recovery with the same device @ it's lollipop O.S., you can find it at the russian lenovo forums.

I suspected so.
A link to the thread would help others in the same shoes
Yeah, I thought it would violate some rules in the forums but here it is : Link
We encouraged sharing