Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BRICKED MTK 6572 TABLET

(12-15-2014, 01:26 AM)4jean Wrote: I still get same error. Could it be that the backup I made is not compatible or what

very possible. try backing up again using this guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html or you could do a complete ROM dump using this guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
another reason is if you're using old versions of software for the backup
I'm using MTK droid tools v 2.5.3 and spflash tool v5
I'll try the solution you provide thanks
I have followed the processes but still get same error. I think the rom is not compatible or perhaps if I can get preloader
(12-20-2014, 10:24 AM)4jean Wrote: I have followed the processes but still get same error. I think the rom is not compatible or perhaps if I can get preloader

the backup is somehow not compatible. if uninstalling vcom > manually installing > deleting the sp flash tool folder > re-extracting sp flash tool > rebooting the PC then flashing the files still gives the same error then you might need to re-backup the working one 

That's the big problem now. Getting the rom is kind of difficult because the MTK 9 inch tablet is not really popular cause it's OEM and Google not seem to be giving good results.
(12-20-2014, 07:20 PM)4jean Wrote: That's the big problem now. Getting the rom is kind of difficult because the MTK 9 inch tablet is not really popular cause it's OEM and Google not seem to be giving good results.

where did you get this backup you just tried?
I got it from my Mom's tablet. They are similar. Same 9 inch MTK 6572. All these China tablet
I later found out that her model is 709 and mine is H902. that could be the cause of the rom incompatibility.
(12-21-2014, 06:48 AM)4jean Wrote: I got it from my Mom's tablet. They are similar. Same 9 inch MTK 6572. All these China tablet

similar specs / chipset doesnt mean similar ROM. please, check the model properly