Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Understanding sp flash tool contents
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Understanding sp flash tool contents

Understanding sp flash tool contents

Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
28-10-2015, 08:20 AM

When you select download only, the partitions gets wiped and flashed to. With firmware upgrade, there is a repartitioning...
Question: please boss I did not really understand this term "firmware upgrade there is repartitioning

Sent from my Z3 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-10-2015, 12:31 PM
(28-10-2015, 08:20 AM)Drockstar When you select download only, the partitions gets wiped and flashed to. With firmware upgrade, there is a repartitioning...
Question: please boss I did not really understand this term "firmware upgrade there is repartitioning

Sent from my Z3 using Hovatek mobile

Your emmc has a fixed size, partitioned / separared. Boot has its own, recovery, system etc
For download, boot.img gets sent to the boot partition, same for others . The existing partition arrangement / allocation is retained / used
For firmware upgrade / format, a new partition arrangement is created using the scatter file before downloading to each partition

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
likeness
likeness
likeness
Banned
28-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Why does the flash tool have so many errors anyway. I think the developer who created flash tool should review it..At least if a device is unable to flash it should run back to recovery mode

Sent from my N9100 Using Tapatalk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(28-10-2015, 01:52 PM)likeness Why does the flash tool have so many errors anyway. I think the developer who created flash tool should review it..At least if a device is unable to flash it should run back to recovery mode

Sent from my N9100 Using Tapatalk

See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.