Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android My Tecno P5 is booting with "Factory Mode"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

My Tecno P5 is booting with "Factory Mode"

My Tecno P5 is booting with "Factory Mode"

Vic
Vic
Vic
15-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Thank you Havotek!

My Tecno P5 is booting through "Factory Mode" thereby displaying some Chinese words I can't understand.

Pls how do I solve this problem. It's urgent!

Thank you!

Vic.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2014, 08:01 PM
(15-12-2014, 06:38 PM)Vic Thank you Havotek!

My Tecno P5 is booting through "Factory Mode" thereby displaying some Chinese words I can't understand.

Thank you!

Vic.

that happens when you press volume down + power button. 
1. does this happen everytime you try booting the phone?
2. have you tried removing the battery
3. have you tried booting into recovery mode (volume up + power) ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vic
Vic
Vic
16-12-2014, 09:30 AM
(15-12-2014, 08:01 PM)hovatek
(15-12-2014, 06:38 PM)Vic Thank you Havotek!

Thank you!

Vic.

that happens when you press volume down + power button. 
1. does this happen everytime you try booting the phone?
2. have you tried removing the battery
3. have you tried booting into recovery mode (volume up + power) ?

I have tried all the 3 uptions above, but it is still booting through Factory Mode.
I saw ur discussion with someone on this forum, where u asked him to download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3. I did downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it.
Vic
Vic
Vic
16-12-2014, 10:46 AM
I have tried all the 3 uptions above, but it is still booting through Factory Mode. I saw ur discussion with someone on this forum, where u asked him to download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3. I did downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2014, 11:30 AM

(16-12-2014, 10:46 AM)Vic I have tried all the 3 uptions above, but it is still booting through Factory Mode. I saw ur discussion with someone on this forum, where u asked him to download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3. I did downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it.

you could use MTK droid tools to flash CWM to the phone since its in factory mode (using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html) but that likely wont work because you need a working p5 to install mediatek drivers using PdaNet. 
1. can you get access to a working p5?
2. is your p5 Old or New OS type? (describe the boot animation) 

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vic
Vic
Vic
16-12-2014, 11:57 AM
(16-12-2014, 11:30 AM)hovatek
(16-12-2014, 10:46 AM)Vic I have tried all the 3 uptions above, but it is still booting through Factory Mode. I saw ur discussion with someone on this forum, where u asked him to download MtkDroidTools v2.5.3. I did downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it.

you could use MTK droid tools to flash CWM to the phone since its in factory mode (using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html) but that likely wont work because you need a working p5 to install mediatek drivers using PdaNet. 
1. can you get access to a working p5?
2. is your p5 Old or New OS type? (describe the boot animation) 

I can't get access to a working P5 right now, My OS is Android 4.2 (It displays "Tecno", then a fire light display coming from the right to left).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2014, 03:19 PM
(16-12-2014, 11:57 AM)Vic I can't get access to a working P5 right now, My OS is Android 4.2 (It displays "Tecno", then a fire light display coming from the right to left).

if its all blue then that is likely Old OS p5, although the home screen could've confirmed that. Go post a comment @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html requesting for MTK backup for Old OS P5.

Note!