Transferring your contacts, messages, music, videos etc from an iPhone, Android or Blackberry < OS 10 device is now much easier using:
* Device Switch App
* Blackberry Link Software
Note: Before you begin switching to your new BlackBerry 10 device, take a moment to make sure that you have completed the following checklist.
1. Complete all of the instructions in the Setup app that opens the first time that your BlackBerry 10 device starts after you insert the battery.
2. If you have information saved to your SIM card, such as contact information, save the data to the storage space on your previous device or your media card before you begin to switch devices.
3. If you have any usernames or passwords saved on your previous device, such as your BlackBerry ID, consider temporarily writing this information down so that you have it when you're ready to add accounts to your new device.
Data Switch App Method
You can use the Device Switch app to transfer data from a BlackBerry, an iPhone, or an Android device to your new BlackBerry 10 device. In order to use the Device Switch app, both of your devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network but have a removable media card, you can still use the device switch app to transfer data.
1. On your BlackBerry 10 device, navigate to http://www.appworld.blackberry.com and search for “device switch”
2. Tap Download
3. Connect both of your devices to the same Wi-Fi network
4. To transfer your data, complete the on-screen instructions
Note: Only data saved locally on your device storage space is transferred. Any data that is wirelessly backed up or synchronized with an online account isn't transferred to your new device. To transfer data associated with an online account, add the online account to your new device.
You can use BlackBerry Link to transfer supported data and settings such as phone history, media files, browser bookmarks, and so on to your new BlackBerry 10 device. BlackBerry Link is designed to move the data in your personal space but not the data in your work space.
If your previous device is running any of the following versions of device software, you can use BlackBerry Link to transfer data:
BlackBerry Device Software 5
BlackBerry 6 BlackBerry 7 or BlackBerry 7.1
BlackBerry 10 or later
Only the data saved locally in your device storage space is transferred. Any data that is wirelessly backed up or synchronized with an online account isn't transferred to your new device.
1. On your computer, download and install BlackBerry Link from http://www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink.
2. Open BlackBerry Link.
3. Connect your current BlackBerry device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
5. When prompted, connect your new BlackBerry 10 device using a USB cable.
6. Complete the instructions on the screen.