Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to set up proxy

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015, 09:14 AM by Drockstar. )

Pls how do I set up proxy on my system for my browsers to used? Just like the way we create APN in mobile phones for browsers to used and
What is the difference between setting up LAN network and setting VPN

Sent from my Z3 using Hovatek mobile

(11-02-2015, 06:14 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Pls how do I set up proxy on my system for my browsers to used? Just like the way we create APN in mobile phones for browsers to used and
What is the difference between setting up LAN network and setting VPN

Which browser?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
I want to set it for all my browsers e.g Firefox, chrome etc

(11-02-2015, 06:19 PM)Drockstar Wrote: I want to set it for all my browsers e.g Firefox, chrome etc

See http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-set-p...rs-windows
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 10:01 AM by Drockstar. )
Boss is there no way just to set one and used it as default for all browsers i.e how can I set the pc proxy and port so that all other browsers will connect to it as default instead of going to each browser to set their proxy and port manually

(11-04-2015, 08:15 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Boss is there no way just to set one and used it as default for all browsers i.e how can I set the pc  proxy and port so that all other browsers will connect to it as default   instead of going to each browser to set their proxy and port manually

See https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-change-p...and-opera/
Both links you recommended are saying the same thing...they are just saying how to set proxy for individual browser

(11-05-2015, 08:06 AM)Drockstar Wrote: Both links you recommended are saying the same thing...they are just saying how to set proxy for individual browser

if you go through all the tutorials in the links you would notice that Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera all use one settings i.e (INTERNET OPTIONS). so once you see for any of them invariably the remaining would work

firefox on the other hand can be set to use SYSTEM proxy.. if you tick that option in firefox, you're telling firefox to use the same settings as Internet Explorer