Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked phone, please help
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Bricked phone, please help

Bricked phone, please help

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 11:05 PM

I must thank You once again very much for helping me as this is a problem I am certainly unable to solve on my own. Your help is very much appreciated. I shall also apologize in advance if I dont answer to Your reply until tomorrow around 0800 UTC+1 as I will most likely be asleep. I will respond first thing in the morning.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2015, 11:06 PM
(03-05-2015, 10:53 PM)ddarhe Here is the screenshot out of the "\backups\ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-6030X_130508_backup_150503-183904" folder.
Note:
Ive managed to install the drivers properly and flashtool does recognize the device as it should but, when I try to flash the ROM (the first ROM I mentioned earlier), I get "PMT changed for ROM; it must be downloaded". The screenshot of that is also attached to the post.

means you need to format first before flashing (download)
dont do this unless you're certain the firmware is for your exact model

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
03-05-2015, 11:34 PM
I took a leap of faith. After a format the same error appears .. :/
Any idea on how to solve the "unable to mount '/data'" error from twrp-recovery? if that could be solved id have no problem installing new ROM.
This post was last modified: 03-05-2015, 11:37 PM by ddarhe.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-05-2015, 07:37 AM
(03-05-2015, 11:34 PM)ddarhe I took a leap of faith. After a format the same error appears .. :/
Any idea on how to solve the "unable to mount '/data'" error from twrp-recovery? if that could be solved id have no problem installing new ROM.

1. try using the format all + download option in version 5
2. for the mount error, its either there's no good sd card in the phone, /data is corrupt or the twrp recovery image doesnt have the correct mount points for /data . read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-580.html and see if it helps

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
04-05-2015, 09:41 AM

(04-05-2015, 07:37 AM)hovatek
(03-05-2015, 11:34 PM)ddarhe I took a leap of faith. After a format the same error appears .. :/

1. try using the format all + download option in version 5
2. for the mount error, its either there's no good sd card in the phone, /data is corrupt or the twrp recovery image doesnt have the correct mount points for /data . read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-580.html and see if it helps

Thank You very much for your reply.
I have tried to use the "format all + download" option, didnt make a difference. Its probably the ROM then, huh? I will try to get someone with a working phone to make me a backup of his phone with MTK tool. I dont think the problem is the sd card as it is mountable through recovery and functional. I dont posses a sd-card reader at the moment but I will try to obtain it and go through the formatting process anyway. Corrupt /data does seem most likely because the twrp recovery images are confirmed to be working on other devices. Youre saying that there is no direct way of fixing internal /data partition on its own without flashing the proper stock ROM ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-05-2015, 10:39 AM
(04-05-2015, 09:41 AM)ddarhe Thank You very much for your reply.
I have tried to use the "format all + download" option, didnt make a difference. Its probably the ROM then, huh? I will try to get someone with a working phone to make me a backup of his phone with MTK tool. I dont think the problem is the sd card as it is mountable through recovery and functional. I dont posses a sd-card reader at the moment but I will try to obtain it and go through the formatting process anyway. Corrupt /data does seem most likely because the twrp recovery images are confirmed to be working on other devices. Youre saying that there is no direct way of fixing internal /data partition on its own without flashing the proper stock ROM ?

i already listed the possible causes of the /data mount error. try getting the backup from a working phone and flashing it

Note!
ddarhe
ddarhe
ddarhe
Enthusiastic Member
04-05-2015, 11:28 AM
(04-05-2015, 10:39 AM)hovatek i already listed the possible causes of the /data mount error. try getting the backup from a working phone and flashing it

Ok, thank you. I am working on that and I will post my progress.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2