Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unbrick Panasonic P81
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Unbrick Panasonic P81

[Please help] Unbrick Panasonic P81

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Panasonic P81, MT6592, Rooted, Have clean CWM backup
Changed building properties and bricked
Stuck at boot logo
Tried SP flash tool (5.1343.01) and got error 4001
BROM ERROR: S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE (4001)
DA didnt send response data to FlashTool!
[HINT]: (No hint!!)
This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 10:46 PM by hovatek.
Attached Files
.jpg
p81.jpg
Size: 273.13 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
(05-12-2014, 12:22 PM)sagarpatel Panasonic P81, MT6592, Rooted, Have clean CWM backup
Changed building properties and bricked
Stuck at boot logo
Tried SP flash tool (5.1343.01) and got error 4001
BROM ERROR: S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE (4001)
DA didnt send response data to FlashTool!
[HINT]: (No hint!!)

you'll need to flash the system.img . can the phone enter recovery mode? and is it Clockworkmod or stock recovery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
06-12-2014, 08:25 AM
hovatekIMG ateline='1417784263' you'll need to flash the system.img . can the phone enter recovery mode?  and is it Clockworkmod or stock recovery?

ya.....and its stock recovery....flashing cwm ll work? i hv cwm back up from the source...
should flashing only boot.img work?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
(06-12-2014, 08:25 AM)sagarpatel ya.....and its stock recovery....flashing cwm ll work? i hv cwm back up from the source...
should flashing only boot.img work?

one way or the other, you need to flash system partition to the phone since that's where build.prop is. since you have a CWM backup, here's what you'll do
1. boot the phone into factory mode (volume down + power)
2. flash CWM recovery to the phone using. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html

let's know how it goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
31-12-2014, 02:21 PM

hard bricked p81 again while trying to make/port/use ctrV2.4 for p81...what i have done?

Clockworkmode was working fine but I was trying to port and use ctrv2.4 because I had found (really?!!) that our mtk 6592 device (720*1280) can handle recovery that has big size (now, not sure!?!) as our automade cwm has 10 Mb of size…Also, ctrv2.4 was working for a while but then it started to suck…sometimes it could not backup /data, sometimes could not take back up of /system, sometimes could not restore boot.img, sometimes could not restore uboot.img, sometimes could not restore /system etc…… it could be a problem with msdcard, may be a storage problem, may be a health quality problem, now – may be a recovery size problem…but hey, it wasn’t fault of carlive sir, may be….my microsdcard was faulty or damaged(!?!). Later, I found that memory space could be a problem so I deleted all my files from msdcard except that cwm folder but it was still not working…there were still backup and restore problem…Hence, I applied wipe data/factory reset/format and I found that my device could not bootup (hang on boot). When trying to reboot the system from ctr power menu, it was saying root access is missing!!! Great!!! How could it be possible? Let me also try with aromafm, but how can I use it without root access? Lol, I could not restore the backup even because every time I had taken back up had have error as I said earlier… Hence, I tried to make automade cwm recovery again so that I can use my cwm backup to restore but this time mtk droid tool did not work as it could not even detect my device!!! I tried to flash the device with spflashtool in order to flash automade cwm recovery but after getting that green circle saying success/ok, my device was not starting…now, not even in recovery mode!!!….I even tried to flash the whole mtk droid tool/sp flash tool compatible backup (!Files_to_flash) but then the tool was giving various errors on various tries…finally, I gave my device to a service center as in dead boot condition!!!
What next, maybe I should have decreased the size of ctr recovery to 6 mb from 10 mb!!! (Learnt this lesson after such experience?! But, still not sure –as the recovery I was using prior that was automade cwm, had 10 mb of size!!!). However, I will get my device back to me after around 20-25 days according to customer care executive and after 1 month of getting my p81 back to me, I would like to start again several experiments…during this time, I better read more and more…
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2015, 04:00 PM
one problem here..
I tried to repack custom rom of some similar device and flashed (as per some porting tutorial). I also tried flashing that rom directly. as a result I got boot loop and lost cwm recovery.. thus I spflashed my mtk backup and recovered.
Problem is now I have lost in-call proximity. when I recieve a call and put on ear backlight doesn't get off. proximity sensor is not working. in engineering mode proximity sensor seems working. sensor reading changes when I put finger on sensor but calibration is failed.
I have tried reflashing spbackup with preloader ticked but the problem persists. I think sensor driver files are missing from sys/devices..
Everything else is working except call proximity. if anyone can help please.
1) cant find prox_cal at location "sys/devices/virtual/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal"
2) there is nothing named adc values in engineering mode.
3) calibration, reset, calculate values, set threshold.. All Fails. Only values fluctuates while moving finger around psensor.
Why spflash cant restore proximity.. I have flashed thrice..
Thnx
This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 04:02 PM by sagarpatel.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2015, 07:53 PM
(10-01-2015, 04:00 PM)sagarpatel one problem here..
I tried to repack custom rom of some similar device and flashed (as per some porting tutorial). I also tried flashing that rom directly. as a result I got boot loop and lost cwm recovery.. thus I spflashed my mtk backup and recovered.
Problem is now I have lost in-call proximity. when I recieve a call and put on ear backlight doesn't get off. proximity sensor is not working. in engineering mode proximity sensor seems working. sensor reading changes when I put finger on sensor but calibration is failed.
I have tried reflashing spbackup with preloader ticked but the problem persists. I think sensor driver files are missing from sys/devices..
Everything else is working except call proximity. if anyone can help please.
1) cant find prox_cal at location "sys/devices/virtual/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal"
2) there is nothing named adc values in engineering mode.
3) calibration, reset, calculate values, set threshold.. All Fails. Only values fluctuates while moving finger around psensor.
Why spflash cant restore proximity.. I have flashed thrice..
Thnx

try formatting then flashing the files again using sp flash tool. if the problem persists then we're looking at a manual file replacement

Note!
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
12-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Formatted through spft....lost Imei...restored nvram...got Imei back...proximity problem still persists...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-01-2015, 10:48 AM
(12-01-2015, 07:59 AM)sagarpatel Formatted through spft....lost Imei...restored nvram...got Imei back...proximity problem still persists...

try this app @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...noff&hl=en and lets see if proximity sensor is working
you could also try these apps:
 https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rbox&hl=en 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...Clib&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...nder&hl=en

Note!
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
sagarpatel
Enthusiastic Member
13-01-2015, 12:15 PM

No app has worked.....thanks for the info/reply/giving your valuable time....
Pages (2): 1 2 Next